Thursday, January 1, 2009

Ellis at the movies 4. W.

I have learned about American History through film from Patton to Nixon. This was my education about the bastards and heroes of American history. The history of our 43rd president is an interesting one. In some eyes he would be seen as hero in other eyes he would be seen as the religious rights bitch. That’s what for my forth review I have chose to review
Oliver Stones W.

Here is the description from imdb.com

Oliver Stone's biographical take on the life of George W. Bush, one of the most controversial, secretive, cynical, and ruthless president in USA history, chronicling from 1967 to his wild and carefree days in college, to his military service, to his governorship of Texas and oil businesses, leading to his 2000 candidacy for president, his first turbulent four years to his 2004 re-election campaign


What I liked about the movie.
I really enjoyed Josh Brolins performance as Bush. He makes you feel like you are watching a documentary about his life instead of a movie. A great example of this is the opening scene where the cabinet is discussing the invasion of Afghanistan. It like stone is giving you an eye into the oval office where this is being planed.

What I didn’t like about this movie.
I didn’t like how they only focused on Bush his mother father and wife. I wanted to see the impact that his actions had on his daughters and what they did bring to the family eventually.

My overall thoughts
I did like this DVD and will add it to my collection. I give this fine film 3 stars.

Next time.
Just to let everyone know I have had a rough few months so that’s why I haven’t done any reviews but my goal is to catch up by the end of the month or if not sooner. My next review will be Pineapple Express and then my 10 best

No comments: