Tuesday, February 2, 2010

My Top Ten Movies of 2009

Wow it,s been a long time since i posted here. Life and various symptoms of depression and a love life had been affecting me but one of my new years resolutions is to work more on this blog because dammit i can do it!

10.Star Trek
Kudos to J.J. Abrams for revitlzing a dieing franchise.I am excited for the sequel.

9.Up
I got to view this on DVD and fell back in love with pixar again. Which was broken up by Cars when that was released in theaters.

8.Harry Potter and The Half Blood Prince
I got to see this twice once in the theater and once in imax 3-D. I enjoyed the movie both times.Especially how They get the whole love triangle between Lavender Ron and Herminonie

7.Extract
Poor Mike Judge he creates another great ensemble comedy in the style of Office Space and get pretty much ignored.Very funny movie especially Ben Affleck as Dean the bartender.

6.Sherlock Holmes
I found this adaption absolute perfect.Downey is becoming a two franchise man with this and Iron Man

5.Inglorious Bastards
When i sat in theater this summer i was reminded of the summer i saw Pulp Fiction in the 8th grade and fell in love with the work of one Quentin Tarintino.

4.Julie and Julia
When i was going to see this movie i thought i would be getting a total chick flick.I was misinformed i found this to be a story of two women who were looking for an outlet for their passions and found it.

3.Paper Heart
Charlyne Yi convinced this cynical crtic that love can and will happen to anyone.

2.Up in the Air
Jason Reitmen is the next Robert Altman in my oppion. The story of Ryan Bingham is the story of the man who has been traveling all his life and is looking for a place to land.

1. Knowing
If all you could hear about was how fucked up Nic Cage finaces were.Check this flick out. It is the Dark City of the the double aughts.

No comments: